Get Fit for Summer
The temps are rising, and the sun is out. We consulted with Duane Colvine, a personal trainer based in Dubai and a worldwide online coach, on how to look fit all summer long.
By Nadia Gardner
Many of us know this story. We’ve finally found a fitness routine that keeps us healthy and confident. Then, all of a sudden, it stops. Either we no longer see any results or lose the will to go on. We’ve hit the ubiquitous workout plateau that seems to strike, often in summer, when the heat and good times also conspire to lure you away from the gym (why bother when it’s not working, right?).
Fortunately, there are ways to fight back and reinvigorate your regimen, no matter how hard - or hot - it gets. Here, Duane Colvine - a personal trainer based in Dubai and a worldwide online coach - who has built some of the industry’s best bodies, shares his secrets to conquering any exercise-related dead ends this summer.
1. Calorie deficit. This will drop both your weight and body fat.
2. Increase your daily output.Up your steps or hit the gym.
3. Strengthen and increase your body muscle. This will allow you to burn more calories throughout the day and have a better body shape.
4. Better your nutrition. It’s true. You are what you eat. Eat good food. You will feel and look better.
5. Hydration! Up your water consumption. This will glow your skin and has many health benefits.
6. Spend some time in the sun, if available. Get that skin glowing. The vitamin from the sun makes you happy. Be careful not to overdo it, and apply a high factor cream.
7. Tackle your insecurities. You’re beautiful in so many different ways. Show it off and stop comparing.
8. Routine. Develop daily habits that you do every day at the same time.
9. Hire a coach. Invest in your health to change your life and mindset for a small cost.
10. Sleep! Sleep will naturally aid recovery, is excellent for your skin, and increases your mood.
To work with Duane or learn more, fill out his initial inquiry form.
To motivate you even more, here are our favourite activewear pieces to help you get summer ready…